JNTUH Info B.Tech 2016 Pass outs Regarding Exemption, Grace Marks & Class Change Rules
As many of the students are having doubts/queries regarding the exemption of subjects, grace marks, class change. we had observed many students are asking similar type of doubts.This topic will answers all your doubts & queries. Here are some of the question that are raised by students. Will post the answers to all the questions so that your doubts can be clarified at one place.
JNTUH Info B.Tech 2016 Pass outs Regarding Exemption, Grace Marks & Class Change Rules
- All the answers posted in this topic are collected from various sources. We (University Updates Team) would answer all the questions to best of our knowledge. Even though once contact your college exam cell, find out the info & verify the same before u proceed further on any issues.
- Stay Connected with University Updates until u get your OD (Original Degree).
- Read all the points/questions/asnwers before you post any query. It took lot of time, effort to collect & post the entire data. The other websites people who would like to copy this topic do mention source as University Updates website url/link (Its a minimum courtesy).
- Exemption of 2 subjects, Grace Marks & any other Rules will be applicable only after 4-2 results are declared.
Percentage Calculators For JNTU-HYD : Just download your respective branch calculator & enter internal/external marks [The same percentage u will get on the memos (CMM) which you get in this calculator]
- B.Tech (R09) Regular Students: http://bit.ly/23XXhFs
- B.Tech (R09) Lateral Entry [Who got admitted directly in to 2nd Year]: http://bit.ly/1ToWY3P
Ans: 2009, 2010,2011,2012 Regular & 2010, 2011,2012,2013 Lateral Entry admitted batches only.Q) What are the terms Regular & Lateral Entry mean ?
Regular : Students who got admitted in to 1st Year & studied 1 to 4 years.
Lateral Entry : Students who got admitted directly into 2nd Year & studied 2 to 4 Years.
Q) When results are going to be declared ?
Ans: Results will be released mostly within 30 to 45 days after completion of End Exams. We will alert u through Android App / Facebook as soon as results are released. Mean while you can get the Evaluation status @https://goo.gl/btSYoo
Q) What about the Advance Supplementary Examinations ?
Ans: Notification will be issued for the advance supplementary examinations by JNTUH after declaring the 4-2 Regular/Supplementary Examinations Results. Advance supplementary examinations will be conducted only for 4-2 semester.
Ans: II Semester (2-2,3-2) Exams will be conducted in August/September 2016
I Semester (2-1,3-1,4-1) Exams will be conducted in Nov/Dec 2016Q) What all the certificates/memos will be issued after 4-2 results ?
Ans: After declaring the results JNTUH will issue 4-2 Semester individual memo, CMM, PC & OD.
CMM : Consolidated Marks Memo/Credit sheet (which contains marks of all years)
SAMPLE CMM: https://www.jntubook.com/download/sample-cmm/
PC : Provisional Certificate
Sample PC screenshot is available in the below link. image is re-sized , Just click on it for the original resolution. PC is valid only for 1 to 2 years. U need to apply for OD within those 1 to 2 years.
SAMPLE PC: http://i.imgur.com/PXPm1PT.jpg
OD: Original Degree.
U can apply for OD after notification is issued by JNTUH. (Which will be issued in Nov/Dec 2016 mostly). If you are in a urgent need of OD then u can apply for OD in Pre-Convocation Mode after you receivce CMM & PC. Sample OD: http://i.imgur.com/SSV02yB.jpg
Procedure to apply for OD: https://goo.gl/XNPz6q
Ans: If you are in a urgent need of memos then u can apply for CMM,PC in Tatkal Mode directly at JNTUH [Along with Requisition letter, with college principal signature & college stamp/seal] to get them within 1 or 2 days. U need to pay an extra amount of Rs.1000/- for each memo in Tatkal Mode. U can apply in tatkal mode directly at JNTUH.
Procedure to Apply For PC & CMM in Tatkal Mode: https://goo.gl/ah4XJd
Q) Is Exemption of subjects rule applicable for 2016 Pass outs Batch ?
Ans: Yes Exemption of subjects rule is applicable for 2016 Pass outs also [As they come under R09 batch]. For info & official notification visit the below respective urls
Note: Students need to clear the compulsory subjects as listed below.
- All the practical subjects (Labs)
- Industry oriented mini-project
- Comprehensive Viva-Voce
- Project work
Q) How many subjects can we leave/exempt under the exemption rule ?
Ans: U can leave/exempt maximum of 2 subjects (max of 8 credits) from 1 to 4 years for regular students & 2 to 4 years for lateral entry students.
Q) Do Lateral Entry students have chance to leave subjects ?
Ans: Yes even lateral entry students can leave 1 or 2 subjects subjects & can obtain the degree.
Official Notification: https://goo.gl/hCfxvB
Q) What does leaving/Exemption of 2 subjects mean ?
Ans: Exemption of 2 subjects means students have an option to leave or Exempt 2 subjects to get the degree. If a students secures 192 credits out of 200 Registered [Regular] & 142 credits out of 150 Registered credits then the student will be eligible for award of degree. So, here students are having an option to leave 8 credits max.
In a simple way i can say that if a student fails in 1 or 2 subjects, if he wish to leave those subjects then he can leave those 1 or 2 subjects & he can get the degree.
Q) What does Exemption of 8 Credits mean ?
For B.Tech Regular Students: U do have an option to leave 2 subjects at most which carries a total of 8 credits. Here are the following cases for leaving of 8 credits max.
- You can leave 2 subjects which carries 4 + 4 Credits each = Total of 8 Credits (Secured 192 Credits).
- You can leave 2 subjects which carries 4 + 3 Credits each = Total of 7 credits (Total no.of credits should not exceed 8) – Secured 193 credits
- You can leave 2 subjects which carries 3 + 3 Credits each = Total of 6 credits (Total no.of credits should not exceed 8) – Secured 194 credits
- You can leave 1 subject which carries 6 credits = Total of 6 credits (Total no.of credits should not exceed 8) – Secured 194 credits.
For B.Tech Lateral Entry Students: U do have an option to leave 2 subjects at most which carries a total of 8 credits. Here are the following cases for leaving of 8 credits max.
- You can leave 2 subjects which carries 4 + 4 Credits each = Total of 8 Credits (Secured 142 Credits).
- You can leave 2 subjects which carries 4 + 3 Credits each = Total of 7 credits (Total no.of credits should not exceed 8) – Secured 143 credits
- You can leave 2 subjects which carries 3 + 3 Credits each = Total of 6 credits (Total no.of credits should not exceed 8) – Secured 144 credits
Q) How Exemption rule will be beneficial
Ans: This rule will be beneficial to increase the percentage (For those who cleared all subjects) & also to get the degree (For those students who failed in 1 or 2 subjects).
Q) How percentage will be calculated for the students who cleared all subjects & students who left/Exempt 1 or 2 subjects ?
Ans: Here are the below 3 cases how percentage will be calculated.
- If u cleared all subjects & secured 200 credits then the percentage will be calculated by excluding 2 subjects marks in which u secured least marks from 1 to 4 years (that is percentage will be calculated for best of 192 credits).
- If u leave 2 subjects (max of 8 credits) then percentage will be calculated for best of 192,193 (By leaving those 2 subjects in which u failed).
- If u leave 1 subjects (which carries 6 credits) then percentage will be calculated for best of 194 (By leaving that 1 subject in which u failed).
If a student failed in one subjects (Which carries 4 or 3 credits), then at that time JNTUH will remove 2 subjects as mentioned in below steps
i) The particular subject in which he got failed. [Students need to submit undertaking form in respective colleges].
ii) other subject in which he secured least marks from 1 to 4 years.
Q) How can i know my percentage prior to memos are issued after results are declared.
Ans: As soon as results are declared just download the percentage calculators posted in the below url (or) else Download JNTUWORLD Android App & just enter internal/External marks of all semesters so that those tools will automatically gives the percentage that will be shown on your CMM [Final memo].
Q) I got failed in 1 or 2 subjects. How can i get memos (PC,CMM) ?
Ans: Students who got failed in 1 or 2 subjects can leave those subjects to get the memos. They need to apply for leaving of subjects by filling the undertaking form & submit it in respective colleges. so that JNTUH can issue the memos for them. Follow the below mentioned url to know the complete info on how to apply for exemption of subjects.
Procedure to apply for undertaking (If you fail in 1 or 2 subjects): http://goo.gl/9YQXPs
If u are in a urgent need of memos then u can apply in tatkal mode to get the memos
1. Just fill the undertaking form. Take a letter from your college along with Principal Sign & College seal/stamp.
2. DD amount of Rs. 2000/- [For PC & CMM] 3. Submit the above documents at students service counters at JNTUH exam branch building to get the memos within 2 to 3 days.
Q) I got cleared in all subjects. Do i need to apply for Exemption of subjects ?
Ans: No need to apply for Exemption. JNTUH will dispatch your memos (CMM, PC) directly to your respective colleges.
Q) Do i need to pay any fee while apply for Exemption, Grace Marks ?
Ans: If u apply for the above rules at your respective then no need to pay any fee. If at all if u apply in tatkal process directly at JNTUH then u need to pay an extra amount of Rs.1000/- per memo.
Q) In the notification it is given we need to clear “All the practical subjects” What does practical subjects mean ?
Ans: Practical subjects are labs. It means u need to clear all labs from 1 to 4 years.
Q) Can i leave lab based theory subjects ?
Ans: Yes u can leave lab based theory subjects. But u need to clear labs.
Example: If a student of R09 regulation has a backlog in MICRO PROCESSOR Theory subject then he can leave that subject. But he can’t leave the Micro Processor Lab.
Q) Can i leave elective Subjects under exemption rule ?
Ans: Yes u can.
Q) How many days it will take to get the memos who secured 200/192/193/194 credits [For Regular] or 150/144/143/142 credits [For Lateral Entry Students]?
Ans: For the students who secured 200 credits [For Regular] & 150 Credits[For Lateral Entry] they will get the memos from their respective colleges within 2 weeks after results are declared. We will alert u as soon as memos are dispatched to respective college after results are declared.
For the students who secured 192/193/194 credits [For Regular], 142/143/144 [For Lateral Entry] & who Submitted undertaking form in respective colleges will get the memos within 25 to 30 working days. For students who applied in tatkal process it may take 2 to 3 days to get the memos.
Q) If i Secured 192/193/197 credits [Regular], 142/143/144 Credits [Lateral Entry] (By leaving 1 or 2 subjects) & i need the memos as soon as possible. Is tatkal process available in JNTUH ?
Ans: if you are in a urgent need of memos then u can apply for tatkal process directly at JNTUH by submitting the undertaking form at JNTUH. For each memo u need to pay an extra amount of Rs.1000/- per memo.
Q) Students who cleared all subjects do have an option to leave subjects of his own choice ?
Ans: No , they don’t have an option. JNTUH will automatically removes 2 subjects in which they secured least marks from 1 to 4 years [In case of Regular Students] & 2 ot 4 Years [In Case of Lateral Entry Students] while calculating the final percentage.
Q) Can i Leave EDP (Drawing from 1st year)
Ans: Yes u can leave the EDP (Drawing) subject of 1st year as it is a theory subject for R09 students. Once conform the same from your respective college exam branch.
Q) What is the Difference between the students who secured 200 credits, 192/193/194 credits [Regular] or 150 Credits, 142/143/144 Credits [Lateral Entry] ?
Ans: For the students who secures 192/193/194 credits or 142/143/144 Credits (failed in 1 or 2 subjects) they will exclude 1 or 2 subjects only in which he failed while calculating total/final %. where as for the students who secured 200 credits/150 credits JNTUH will exclude 2 subjects in which he/she secured least marks.
Sample CMM (R09 Batch) :
Students Who cleared all subjects & Secured 200 credits ==> https://www.jntubook.com/download/sample-cmm/ [Percentage is Calculated for best of 193 credits] Students Who left 1 or 2 subject & Secured 197 credits ==> [Percentage is Calculated for best of 193 credits]
Q) Does JNTUH will mention any FAIL or Star Mark in the certificates if i leave 1 or 2 subjects ?
Ans: For JNTU-HYD students In the PC,CMM there will not be any indication of Fail. But on the concerned semester marks memo “Fail” will be indicated. Star mark will be given for those 1 or 2 subjects in which u had failed.
Note: Star Mark (*) indicates that those 2 subjects marks are excluded while calculating the total % [Star mark will be even indicated for those students who secured 200 credits].
Q) If i clear all the subjects & secure 200 credits / 150 Credits will i get any star mark in my CMM ?
Ans: Yes u will get the star mark in the subjects in which u secured least marks. Star Mark indicates that those 2 subjects marks are excluded while calculating the total/final %. You can see a sample CMM from the below.
Q) What happens if i fail & leave those one/two subjects. Does it effect my carrier ?
- Many of the companies recruits only the students who does not have any active backlogs/arrears.
- Suppose a CSE student fails in Operating Systems and Computer Organization courses and applies for a PC, this may affect in getting a job. An ECE student who failed in VLSI and DSP subjects may not get admission in M.Tech in VLSI/DSP specializations.Similarly for other branch students.
- If a candidate is in urgency to submit the PC for Visa, for higher studies then he/she may apply for PC even they acquire 192,193,194 credits, because that may not affect them.
- Therefore if there is no urgent requirement for PC, it is better, the students pass all the subjects and take PC. The students have the option to apply for PC at any time if it is required. They have to apply through ‘Tatkal’ if they require it immediately.
Q) I had applied for the CMM,PC by filling the undertaking form, can i attend for supple exams ?
Ans: No u can’t attend for the supple exams of those subjects that u had applied in the exception of 2 subjects rule.
Q) I had written 1 or 2 subjects supple exams & now i want to leave them before results are declared. Can i leave them ?
Ans: Yes u can leave them. Just fill the undertaking form & submit in ur respective college to get the CMM,PC or else apply in tatkal mode to get the memos soon.
Q) I had given my supple for 1 or 2 subjects exams & before the results are declared i had applied for the CMM,PC by filling the undertaking form.Will there be any problem & does i get my result now?
Ans: There wont be any problem. u will not get the result Once you had applied for CMM & PC under the exemption of 2 subjects rule.
Q) Can i get my PC,CMM after clearing all the subjects (i.e., securing 200 credits/150 Credits) ?
Ans: Yes you can receive CMM & PC at a time after you secure 200 Credits / 150 credits [By clearing all subjects]
Q) Is there any last date to apply for exemption of 2 subjects rule ?
Ans: No there is no such last date. u can apply at any time for leaving of 2 subjects in your respective college or at JNTUH directly.
Q) Rules For Award Of Degree ?
Class Awarded & % of marks to be secured
- First Class with Distinction : 70% and above
- First Class : Below 70% but not less than 60%
- Second Class : Below 60% but not less than 50%
- Pass Class : Below 50% but not less than 40%
Questions/Answers Related to Grace Marks Rule & Class Change Rule
Q) Does Grace Marks rule applicable to R09 batch ?
Ans: Grace marks rule is applicable even for R09 batch students.
Q) Can u explain what is grace marks & how many grace marks can be added under this rule ?
Ans: if a candidate failed in one/two subjects with shortage of marks, if adding these marks makes the student eligible to get his/her degree then grace marks will be added.
Procedure For Addition of Grace Marks: https://goo.gl/lf6atv
1) Grace marks will be added only to 1 or 2 subjects maximum.
2) Grace marks will be added only for external exams.
3) For Regular Students: Under Grace marks Rule 4 marks [Total of 8 marks Maximum] each will be added in 2 subjects. [Example : if you are having 22 Marks in external exams in 2 subjects then the grace marks will be added to get passed in those subjects].
For Lateral Entry Students: Under Grace marks Rule Total of 7 marks Maximum will be added in 2 subjects.
4) For Regular Students: Under Grace marks rule max of 8 marks will be added for one subject.
For Lateral Entry Students: Under Grace marks Rule Total of 7 marks Maximum will be added in 1 subject.
5) The best performance among the external examinations shall be considered while giving the grace marks. i.e., you can use even your best previous result while applying for grace marks.
6) Grace marks can’t be added to internal marks.
7) Students can apply for grace marks only after they get the original marks memos.
Q) I got 24 marks in external exam & 16 in internal in Nov/Dec 2015 exams in my 4-1 semester. Can i apply for grace marks by using those previous exam marks ?
Ans: Yes u can apply by using previous result.
Q) Can i use leaving of 2 subjects rule & Grace marks rule at a time to get my degree.
Ans: Yes u can use both the rules to get the degree.
Q) Will there be any sort of indications if i apply for grace marks & get my degree ?
Ans: No there wont be any kind of indication if u get passed in any subject by using Grace marks rule.
Q) To which all courses & regulation grace marks rule are applicable ?
Ans: Its applicable for all courses (UG/PG) & for all regulations.
Q) Can i apply for Grace mark in tatkal mode directly at JNTUH ?
Ans: No. Tatkal mode is not applicable for grace marks rule. You need to apply for grace marks rule at respective college only.
Q) Does class change rule still exists in JNTUH ?
Ans: No, JNTUH removed class change rule since they will add 0.15% if your short of those marks to round off the percentage to near round figure. Below are scenarios where JNTUH will add 0.15% of marks if u are short of those marks to round off the percentage.
- Change of Class from 49.85 % to 50 % (Pass Class To Second Class)
- Change of Class from 59.85 % to 60 % (Second Class To First Class)
- Change of Class from 69.85 % to 70 % (First Class To First Class With Distinction)